fbpx

OTC hairloss product noise

Internet’s Hair Loss Product Noise from March 2020 google shop “hair loss” search – 19 pages and nearly 400 Product-brands

I asked some of the world’s top hair surgeons to identify which products were of any clinical value –

1. (in green) generic finasteride from a few of the companies where physician evaluates patient and writes a script
2. (in green) over-the-counter minoxidil does work but weak compared with prescription compounded topical formulations
3. (in red) over-the-counter lllt devices including the laser cap copies are underpowered vs prescription lasercap (and way down on biologic effects curve:   ref1    ref2  -e.g., LaserCap80 > Capillus312 in treatment energy output)
4. some supplements (hair vitamins) have very weak dht blockers that are tiny fraction of the potency of finasteride (e.g., aspirin vs oxycontin for pain), and some other ingredients that may contribute to overall health and thus possibly better hair production
EVERYTHING ELSE ROUGHLY 90% OF THE NEARLY 400 PRODUCTS-BRANDS LISTED are cosmetic with no hair regrowth effects.
Here is the problem trying to direct hair-loss patients to appropriate treatments – 

-100M adults with hair loss ( for simplicity call it 50m women and 50m men)
-200k hair-loss related google searches/mo
-2% end up at the doctor
-other 98% caught in the internet otc and online pharma hair-loss noise
-that leaves 100m x 0.02 = 2m patients going to perhaps 100 top-tier hair restoration surgeons in USA plus 9000 Derm and 7000 Plastic with perhaps up to 2/3 dabbling in hair (prp, smartgraft, etc)
-so 2m patients / around 10k dabbling doctors = 2000 patients/dabbling doc max potential with only 100 top-tier who are expert at hair restoration means that those patients who really need help must somehow find the 100/10000 = 1% top docs

LaserCap®Rx will drive the 2m patients (2%) VIRTUALLY to the top 100 hair restoration surgeons along with a significant portion of the of the other 98m (ie the other 98% caught in the internet otc noise )

What do the world’s top hair restoration surgeons know about treating hair loss?

EVERYTHING!  Click Here to start your Telemed Consult with one of them Now!

powered by LaserCap®Rx – Your Prescription for Hair Regrowth

www.lasercaprx.com

Michael Rabin, MD, MBA, CEO
LaserCap Company
26 Alpha Park
Highland Heights, OH 44143
About LaserCap® Company – Transdermal Cap, Inc. was formed in 2006 by co-inventors Michael Rabin, MD and M.I.T. trained optical physicist Dave Smith, PhD, in collaboration with Harvard-based photomedicine expert Michael Hamblin, PhD and internationally acclaimed hair restoration physician Robert Haber, MD, to develop innovative light-based devices for the Global Beauty & Health Industries. Its first commercial product is the LaserCap for women and men with thinning hair or at risk for thinning hair, a condition that affects up to 50% of adult women and 80% of adult men. Patents pending, Copyright 2009 Transdermal Cap Inc.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *